Monday, July 25, 2011

Word of the Day: Focus

So… week 3 of my Tour de Fleece spinning?  Epic fail (or epic failure, if you want to be a bit more grammatically correct)!  I got absolutely NO spinning done, cause I just wasn't feeling it.  Oh, well, there's always next year, right?

On the plus side, I did do some knitting.  I finished knitting my Kiama, and just need to sew in the ends and block it (pictures to be posted soon!).

Since I finished knitting one major project, I got to start on another top I've been dying to make: the Radian Yoke top from Knitscene.  I'm making this in a yarn I dyed myself awhile back, and so far the pattern is fun and not too difficult:
 Radian Yoke in progress.

I've been trying really hard this year to focus a little bit more on my sweaters, so I can actually finish something to wear once in awhile.  It's kind of working :).  And I'm still allowed to knit socks, too, cause sweaters are too big to carry in my purse.

Also, I had to take a little time away from my major project knitting to make up another Quant (I made one a year or two ago but gave it away for Christmas).  Some of my knitting coworkers want to learn entrelac, and as the resident knitting expert I get to teach it!  I made this one in a gorgeous red semisolid in Manos Maxima
 Quant in Manos Maxima.

I love the way the colors turned out, but the semisolid colorway definitely isn't as impressive in entrelac as something with a longer repeat would be.  Now I kind of want to spin something to knit more entrelac in a more appropriate colorway… but I would also like to wear my Radian Yoke before the weather gets too cold, so I will attempt to focus.

No comments: