Sunday, August 28, 2011

Progress!


I'm done with the sleeves for my Lowry Pullover!
 Completed sleeves :).

This is unbelievably exciting, since (as I've previously stated) sleeves are my nemesis.  I'm almost done with the ribbing for the body of the sweater, too, which means I might actually finish the sweater sometime this century.

 Body ribbing almost done.

Actually, my goal is to finish the sweater in time to wear to SOAR and Rhinebeck in October.  I've got about 5 weeks left, so there's a chance.  I'm really getting excited about SOAR (my 2nd time going), and Rhinebeck (my first time ever), and since SOAR is in New England this year it also means I get to see family.  I'll be posting more details in the future about what classes I'm taking and everything.

Lately, in addition to my fibery pursuits, I've been working on canning tomato sauce.  The tomatoes from our garden have been incredible, and every week I'm getting enough for another pint or three of sauce.  I'm definitely no expert on home canning (yet), but it's really doable with a little work and the right tools.  So enough blogging for today, I've got tomatoes calling to me:

These tomatoes need canning!

 And these ones, too.

 And some of these (especially the one in front!).

No comments: